Sunday, August 16, 2009

GSoC: Experience

This was my second consecutive year as a Google Summer of Code student. During past 3 months I learned a lot of things. I discussed these in an earlier posts. In a nutshell;

1) I worked with a mentor (Matt Boersma) from a different time zone. This was the first time that I worked with a mentor from a different timezone. Our time difference was nearly 12 hours. We preferred email over chat since it was more conveinent for us.

2) It was a privilege to work as a summer of code student for Python Software Foundation (PSF). All the people who were mentoring me helped me a lot, ranging from shaping up the application (project proposal) to development.

3)It was a greatopportunity for me to work with experienced developers.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my mentor Matt Boersma and Jython community for helping me to make my project a success. I would also take this opportunity to thank my co-mentors Jim Baker and Frank Wierzbicki.

I would like to state that it was a privilege and a honor to be selected as a GSoC student for a second time and thank Google for organizing a program like this. I am looking forward to participating in next year's GSoC as a mentor. :)

No comments: